Revolution Dance Twirl is located on the North West Coast of Tasmania.
Weoffer Dance Twirl & Baton Twirling classes for both Boys & Girls from 3 years of age.
Baton Twirling is a fun & dynamic sport suitable for students who would like to showcase their talents in various displays, participate in competitions, or for those who would like to join classes on a recreational basis purely for fun.
Our classes consist of basic Jazz & Ballet technique, but students also learn a variety of other Dance styles . Students may perform routines consisting of Jazz, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Jazz / Funk etc, all of which are combined with fun & challenging Baton Twirling tricks.
At Revolution Dance Twirl we also teach Artistic One Baton, Two Baton, Teams, Specialised, Standard Solos & Duos.
Students at RDT learn both Dance & Baton Twirling technique, and Dance & Baton Twirling terminology. They do a combination of partner work, Baton exchanges, individual tricks & fun group routines. Twirling tricks consist of Aerials (tossing the Baton in stationary, and complex travel positions), Rolls (rolling the Baton over various parts of the body) & Contact material, (twirling near the body either vertically or horizontally in forward & reverse direction). Twirling tricks are then combined with various dance steps, such as chasse's, leaps, kicks, turns, illusions & more.
There are many physical and emotional benefits from Dance Twirl & Baton Twirling in general.
- Develops excellent reflexes and improves ambidexterity & hand eye co-ordination.
- Improves balance, posture, flexibility & spatial awareness.
- Builds friendships, encourages teamwork and good sportsmanship.
- Builds self-esteem, confidence, & self-discipline.
- Improves focus, concentration & memory.
- Increases muscle strength, bone density & cardiovascular health.
- Develops & improves musicality & encourages creativity.
- Improves fitness, stamina, agility & strength, & encourages healthy exercise.
- Teaches patience & perseverance.
RDT is still relatively new, but is rapidly expanding with the increasing interest and popularity of Baton Twirling.
We are currently taking enrolments for Term 1 in 2019 and new members are always welcome!